East Haddon CE Primary School, like all primary schools, receives Sports Premium Funding from the government. The funding is used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision. The amount of money allocated to each school is based on a lump sum of £16,000 plus £10 per child on roll. Visit our PE and Sports Premium page here to see how we use our funding.
Our school works with the South Northamptonshire and Daventry School Sports Partnership to help children develop their skills through 'in-school support, continual professional development and by providing opportunities for children to compete in high-quality School Games competitions'. Read more on their website: https://www.northamptonshiresport.org/south-northants-and-daventry-ssp
Sporting Opportunities offered so far this year (2021-22):
This year so far we have been lucky enough to take part in:
- 17th June 2022: Kwik Cricket at Guilsborough School
- 9th June 2022: Cluster netball tournament at Crick Primary School, Y6
- 26th Mary 2022: Northamptonshire Trampoline Gymnastics Academy (NGTA) Activity Day at Benham Sports Centre
- 3rd May 2022: Team Orienteering at Daventry Sports Park
- 17th March 2022: Year 2 Key Stage 1 Superhero Festival at Guilsborough School
- 7th March 2022: 'Chance to Shine' cricket taster sessions and introducing 'All Stars' and 'Dynamos' cricket clubs
- 3rd March 2022: Year 5/6 Football Fixture vs The Bramptons (home)
- 12th January 2022: Year 3/4 Sportshall Athletics at Moulton School
- 2nd December 2021: Year 5/6 Sportshall Athletics at Daventry Leisure Centre
- 24th November 2021: Key Stage 2 Cross Country at Daventry Sports Park
- 18th November 2021: Y5/6 Football Fixture: EJSFA vs. Long Buckby (away)
- 15th November 2021: Sportshall Athletics at Guilsborough School
- 12th November 2021: Year 5/6 South Northants and Daventry Small Schools football at Daventry Sports Park
- 11th November 2021: Year 5/6 Football Fixture: EJSFA vs. Brixworth (girls only)
- 4th November 2021: Year 5/6 Football Fixture: EJSFA vs. Brixworth
Sporting Opportunities offered for 2020/21
Thanks to our partnership with Northamptonshire Sport, we were able to participate in Virtual Sports Challenges during lockdown, culminating in the popular 'Trek to Tokyo Summer Activity Challenge,' which saw us take on the challenge to complete a journey to the Tokyo Olympics Games over the summer terms. The journey took us via nine different countries and host cities before arriving in Tokyo, enabling us to learn more about the history of the Olympic Games and Team GB along the way. A range of school and home-based activities counted towards our mileage total!
Following lockdown we offered the following activities:
- Weds 23rd June – Year 5/6 Quicksticks Hockey at Moulton School from 4 – 5.45pm
- Thurs 24th June – Year 3/4 Cricket skills festival at Guilsborough Playing Fields from 10am – 12pm
- Thurs 24th June – Year 5/6 Kwik Cricket at Guilsborough from 1 – 4pm
- Friday 25th June – Year 3 mixed football vs. Guilsborough Primary.
- Weds 30th June – Year 5/6 Quadkids Athletics at Daventry Athletics Club from 12 – 3pm
- Tues 6th July – Year 4 Hockey vs. Guilsborough Primary at East Haddon School.
Sporting Opportunities offered for 2019/20
During 2019/20, we were lucky enough to take part in the following sporting events:
- Tag Rugby Festival at Long Buckby Rugby Club for Year 3/6 participants - 26th September 2019
- Tag Rugby Tournament at Pitsford School for Year 4 participants - 14th October 2019
- Squash Skills Festival at Daventry Squash Club for Year 3/4 participants - 22nd November 2019
- Dodgeball Competition at Guilsborough School for Year 5/6 participants - 28th November 2019
- Gymnastics Competition at Daventry Phoenix Centre for Y 3/4 participants - 2nd December 2019
- Goalball and Boccia sessions - 15th January 2020
Sport and Leisure in our local community
We are always happy to promote community based sporting and leisure events on our school noticeboard, although it should be noted that the school does not accept responsibility for these externally run events.
All Stars Cricket
- For just £40, All Stars Cricket provides a fantastic first experience for all children aged 5-8 years old.
- You’ll be guaranteed 8 weeks of jam-packed fun, activity and skills development.
- Every child that registers will receive a backpack full of goodies
To find your nearest All Stars Cricket programme and for more information, please visit www.allstarscricket.co.uk
- For just £40, Dynamos Cricket provides boys and girls from 8-11 years old with 8 weeks of non-stop fun.
- Each week there will be a focus on a different cricket skill to build their confidence and ability, before they take part in a 60-ball countdown cricket match
- Every child that registers will receive a New Balance T-shirt with their name and number on the back
To find your nearest Dynamos Cricket programme and for more information, please visit www.dynamoscricket.co.uk